Have you just started your own fashion company and looking to promote it online? Then you are on the right page. We are here to tell you how fashion blogs are huge right now and having a blog is your sure-shot way to success. But we get started, you must know that blogging is tough work. It needs immense dedication, along with pictures that are attractive and content that is fashionable enough to draw the online crowd to your blog. Here’s how to begin:
1. Choose a fancy name for your blog: Now that you have decided to have a blog for your fashion/clothes, shoes website, your first and the foremost job is to choose a name that is an instant draw. A lousy name will only shoo away the visitors.
2. Know who are you writing for: Are you writing for women or for men or for children? Are you talking about the clothes or is it the shoes that you want to see through your website? Be clear and focus on your target audience and what do you want to sell them. Make sure of your website doesn’t have a shoe section, you do not have blog posts on shoes or their types. Your idea is not to confuse the readers.
3. A picture is worth a thousand words: The saying is true, especially if you are running a fashion website or a blog. Pictures of latest fashion trends, actresses flaunting new designs, or even designers with their creations can be used with blog posts.
4. Regular fashion updates: Make sure you keep the blog post going. Since there is already so much to write on fashion, there have to be regular updates and posts on what is in vogue and what is not. A regular fashion Faux Pas can be included in your blog posts.
5. Be active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram: Social media is your easy way into the hearts of your readers. Updates about your blog and fashion line on social media can fetch you customers and readers.
6. Interviews of fashion moghuls will be a bonus: You must try for this. Attending fashion events and interviewing fashion experts or designers can do wonders to your blog. Even a quote that is exclusive to your blog/website can generate enough traffic.
7. Catch-ups on recent fashion events in your city: Update your readers with fashion latest events in your city. Provide a glimpse into such events by posting exclusive photos of the event on your blog. Draw comparisons between the trends that ruled the fashion world in the previous season and what is trending now.